Yoga2Sleep 20-Hour Online Training (Y2S-YTT)
The Y2S-YTT was created as a result of Pamela’s challenging sleep journey and from numerous requests for an intensive discovery experience to learn about the causes of and solutions for sleep deprivation and insomnia using yogic philosophy and practices. She will cover five main areas throughout this training: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and environmental; they all overlap and weave into each other. There are also other stages to include (but are not limited to) social, cultural, financial, professional and behavioral stress.
“I am so happy to have spent the day with Pam and learned more tools for self care and gentle ways to work with others. I appreciate the way she kept the material interesting and invited everyone to contribute. Teaching us by including a few short and valuable videos, as well. Pam’s self care advice was great! Sleep is so underrated as we learn more, and thanks for getting it out into our world and sharing life experiences! My favorite take home was Pam’s positive approach to helping others move forward and consider changes with a “good, better, best” strategy. Helping people in their own time, a win-win perhaps for those various degrees of motivation that we all are… LOVE!” ~ Kathy B., Yoga Teacher
Nearly one-third of Americans (50 to 70 million) are sleep deprived according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Understanding ancient yogic texts in relation to sleep and how trauma affects sleep can help illuminate why sleep deprivation and insomnia occur. This 20-hour online training will give yoga practitioners, yoga teachers, and yoga therapists the knowledge and skills to work with students and clients who are struggling with sleep. The Y2S-YTT is designed to cover the following:
• developing sacred spaces
• yoga nidra, pranayama, yin and restorative asanas, meditation, and Ayurveda
• yoga therapy assessments and intake processes
• comprehensive review of the Bhagavad Gita, the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Yoga Sutras, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika as they relate to sleep, dreams, and rest
• spiritual connection and discovery of devotional practices
• a breakdown of the differences between chronic and acute insomnia, and sleep deprivation
• techniques for identifying and dealing with the different symptoms of all forms of sleep disorder
2023 Dates and Times: TBD. International Association of Yoga Therapists Approved Professional Course. Yoga Alliance CEUs available. Get on the list for the training HERE.